Studio Bamboo Institute of Yoga is proud to host a variety of Yoga Alliance certified teacher training programs for those interested in becoming a yoga instructor and/or current instructors that are interested in advancing their studies.
We offer multiple certification levels including, but not limited to, 200-hour Teacher Training, 300-hour Teacher Training, 85-hour Prenatal Teacher Training, Adaptive Yoga Teacher Training, Yoga for Cancer Teacher Training and more.
READ BELOW FOR SPECIFIC PROGRAM DETAILS
Scholarships Available for Veterans and Military Spouses
Studio Bamboo is a registered school with the MYCCA program. If you are a military dependent or military spouse please contact MYCAA to begin your application to qualify for full financial assistance for Teacher Training tuition at Studio Bamboo.
200-Hour Teacher Training
- The 200-hour teacher training program consists of 1 weekend a month: Fridays 6:00 pm-9:00 pm; Saturdays 8:00 am-4:30 pm; Sundays 8:30am-3:30pm
- During the training periods students are welcomed and encouraged to observe any class on Studio Bamboo's regular class schedule.
- Midway through the program students will lead their own yoga classes to a lead teacher and a group of their peers.
- Each student is required to complete all homework, reading assignments, video assignments and exams.
- All exams must be passed with a score of 80% or higher.
- Students are required to observe a set number of classes. After said class, students are to maintain and log a brief summary of the class.
- Students will be required to purchase their own books.
- All training manuals will be provided to students by Studio Bamboo Institute of Yoga.
Prospective trainees may request an application for enrollment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed applications along with a $200 deposit and two letters of reference (one from a yoga instructor, the other from a personal reference) are to be turned into the studio at the front desk. Applicants will be notified of acceptance upon review.
- Tuition In-Full: A deposit of $200, remaining balance $2,550. Total: $2,750
- 6 Month Payment Plan: A deposit of $200, 6 monthly payments of $450. Total: $2,900
- 10 Month Payment Plan: A deposit of $300, 10 monthly payments of $275. Total: $3,050
Payment plans are auto drafted. Deposits are non-refundable.
Upcoming 2019 Program Dates :
March 2, 22-24
April 6, 26-28
May 4, 17-19
June 8, 21-23
July 6, 19-21
General Meeting Times Per Weekend:
- Friday 6:00-9:00 p.m.
- Saturday 12:00-4:30/6:30 p.m.
- Sunday 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
The Hard & The Soft 300-Hour Teacher Training
The Hard & The Soft 300 Hour Yoga Training with Beryl Bender Birch
Take your Teaching to the next level. The Hard & The Soft, 300-Hour Yoga Training is a unique program that prepares you to practice and share the powerful therapeutic tools of asana, meditation, conscious breathing and mindfulness – and pave the way for a career in yoga service. Guiding you to participate in healing the world and our planet.
Through this highly respected program, you’ll study with some of the best and most experienced teachers and certified yoga therapists in the country; and develop an Individualized Yoga Plan (IYP) to take the next steps towards working with specialized populations. Most importantly, you’ll explore the importance of taking your practice out into the world. And you’ll join a diverse, well-educated global community of graduates who are working to grow, evolve, strengthen their communities and spread this incredible practice called yoga.
This 10-month course of study, taught by our renowned faculty and highly experienced Certified Yoga Therapists (IAYT) including Beryl Bender Birch. Learn how to guide students to a deeper discovery of yoga, and build a foundation for a career in yoga service and leadership role in your community. Experience the joy of personal evolution as you grow and expand your awareness out into the world.
May 31-june 2
Scheduled Training Times:
General Meeting Times Per Weekend:
- Friday 6:00-9:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am-5:00 pm
Sunday 9:00 am-4:30 pm
Tuition and Payments
$500 non-refundable deposit
Early Bird $4250.00 ( Ends December 1st)
In full $4500.00
Payment plan of 10 payments of $425 (after the deposit) is available
For questions or to request an application please email: email@example.com
85-Hour Prenatal Teacher Training
Join Studio Bamboo for a Yoga Alliance Certified, 85-hour Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training. This is an advanced training for anyone who has a 200-hour teacher training certification.
How to effectively and safely guide yoga instruction for the pregnant student.
Asanas, contraindications and modifications for all stages of pregnancy
Breath work appropriate for the pregnant woman
Anatomy and physiology of pregnancy
Hormonal and emotional changes through all stages
How to create community for this special population
How to guide students through many different meditation techniques
Birthing trends and up to date information for the pregnant community
How to support the post-partum stage
You will be required to observe prenatal classes, assist and teach a class. There is required reading and a written exam.
Prospective trainees may request an application for enrollment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed applications along with a $275 deposit, proof of 200-hour certification or equivalence of, and a list of teaching experience. Applicants will be notified of acceptance upon review.
- Tuition In-Full: A deposit of $275, Remaining balance $1,000. Total: $1,275
- 3 Month Payment Plan: A deposit of $275.00, 3 monthly payments of $400. Total: $1,475
Payment plans are auto drafted. Deposit are non-refundable.
2019 Training Dates: March 15-17, April 12-14, May 17-19
Adaptive Yoga Teacher Training
There are many potential yoga students who feel they are not physically able to experience the benefits of yoga. This is the place where adaptive yoga and its benefits become evident. This training is designed to teach participants to identify, understand and adapt their teaching to ensure this population does not have to feel this way. Participants will experience adaptive yoga firsthand while working with students that have mobility/disability challenges.
- We will explore universal principles inherent to asana that can be shared with students regardless of whether they walk, hobble or roll into class
- Anyone can benefit from this training including yoga instructors, healthcare providers, support partners & caregivers
- Continuing education credits will be available
Registration: Interested trainees may request further information by emailing email@example.com. View our events and workshops schedule for upcoming Adaptive Teacher Training program dates.