Ann Richardson Stevens
Founder, Co-Owner, Registered Yoga Teacher
Ann believes yoga should be fun. Her classes are playful and challenging, and she teaches with the intention to guide others to be present in their experiences on and off the mat. Always teaching with an emphasis on alignment, Ann encourages her students to adapt the practice to their own unique needs. Ann believes that full body wellness is generated from the mind-body connection. That connection is found in every one of Ann's classes whether students walk, hobble or roll into the room.
Classes at Bamboo:
- Fluid Power
- Director of RYS-200hr & 500hr Teacher Training
Ann teaches a variety of classes and teacher trainings across the nation and is honored to call Studio Bamboo her home.
Beryl Bender Birch and Matthew Sanford are Ann's mentors, but her best teachers are her students!
Experience and Certifications:
- Yoga Alliance - Registered as an Experienced 500 hour multi style teacher
- Yoga Alliance – Registered Yoga School 200/500 hour
- The Hard & The Soft Yoga Institute - Certified at the advanced level of 1000 hours
- Adaptive Yoga Level I/II and advanced certificates
- Certified Yoga Therapist - International Association of Yoga Therapists
- International Association of Yoga Therapists, member
- New York Iyengar Association, member
Dandasana (staff pose) is my favorite pose because the mind-body connection is at its best in this pose when practiced (ask my students)!